Seatrip to Maakalla islet
Take a seatrip to Maakalla islet with SeaKalajoki and our skilled captains. Maakalla is situated approximately 16 km from mainland. This autonomous little islet has a small wooden church, a small vicarage, a museum and an authentic atmosphere of an old fishermen’s village. Smoked whitefish is often available for purchase from a local fisherman.
- Price 60 €/ adult, 40 €/ child (younger than 15 years)
- Duration approx. 3 hours, including 2 hours onshore
- Min 4 persons, max 8 persons
- Available from May until October, on request
- 28.6. – 8.8.2021 departures on Mon and Wed at 10.00, if min. 4 persons onboard
- Seatrips will be cancelled in case of bad weather or strong winds
We value our common safety! We wish you are well when participating on our trips. All of our clients are given life jackets before boarding. Prior to departure, we also go through the main safety issues. For more information >>
The boat trip is with DMS Matilda, departure from Keskuskari harbour. Address: Keskuskarintie 166, 85100 Kalajoki.
Driving instructions: Turn towards Hiekkasärkät in the intersection beside ABC-fuel station. Drive directly towards the roundabout. Leave the roundabout from the 3rd exit towards Keskuskarintie. Drive directly approximately 2 km, until you arrive in Keskuskari harbour. Please arrive at the harbour at the latest 5 minutes before departure.